Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Slow-Cooker Honey-Dijon Pork Roast

Dear Jess,

It has been too long since my last post! And I must apologize that it is another crock-pot recipe... but I have been loving two things these days: crock-pot meals, and soups. They're cheap, easy, and don't involve a lot of energy.

I am 28 weeks pregnant on Thursday. I am loving this stage, but am finding my energy gets zapped unexpectedly. This recipe I tried so I could save my energy for errands and house work today. I wasn't sure how I would like it, as I thought maybe the flavours would be too strong... but I'm thrilled with the results!



Honey-Dijon Pork Roast
adapted from www.food.com

3 lbs pork loin roast
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon rosemary
1 cup beef or chicken broth
salt and pepper
2 -3 tablespoons marsala or sherry vinegar (highly suggested) (optional)
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3 tablespoons water


Place pork in crock-pot. Mix honey, Dijon mustard, garlic powder and rosemary. Pour over pork. Cook on low for 6 hours. 

Remove Pork from crock-pot and slice as desired. Pour liquid into a small pot. Add broth, salt and pepper, marsala or sherry vinegar (if using). Mix cornstarch and water and add to broth mixture. Simmer and whisk until thickened. 
Dinner is served! 

I served this with rice, and oven roasted carrots! (Toss chopped carrots in olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and any other desired herbs/spices. Place in a baking dish. Cook in oven at 400 for 25-40 minutes, or until tender)

I hope your school year has started strong, and you are enjoying your class! 

As always, I miss you and can't wait to see you! Hopefully we can arrange something before the baby comes!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment