Friday, March 22, 2013

Crockpot Sausage and Peppers

Dear Jess,

Happy Friday! I feel like I just got rested from our last weekend just in time for this weekend!

As you may have noticed, many of my recipes are as a result of what meat is on sale. This recipe is no different. I have never done sausage in a slow-cooker before, so I thought I would try it out. I will be making this again! It has a very rich flavour, and it makes your house smell like an Italian restaurant! 

Crockpot Sausage and Peppers
adapted from busycooks.about.com
2 lbs sweet or hot Italian sausages
2 onions, chopped
2-3 red peppers
2 cloves garlic, minced
14 oz. can crushed tomatoes, undrained
6oz tomato paste
1/2 cup dry red wine
1 Tbsp dried Italian Seasoning
1/4 tsp pepper

1. Layer half of the onions and half of the peppers on the bottom of your crockpot. Add all of your sausage, and then the rest of the onions and peppers.

2. Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour into crockpot. Put the lid on, and cook on low for 6 hours.





I served this with mashed potatoes. It would go well with any steamed veggie, and/or rice.

I love you and miss you!

Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment