Monday, April 15, 2013

Toffee Squares

Dear Sally,

        I'm not sure if I told you this but I am on the 'Treat Team' at church and we each bring treats once every six weeks. I was supposed to bring these squares last week. I had prepared them a week in advance and put them in my freezer so I could take them out the day before. It turns out that I forgot to bring them to church so Jesse enjoyed snacking on them instead. From what I hear they are quite delicious!


Toffee Squares

 (Adapted from Bake or Break)


 
Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 cups packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 & 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
3/4 cup Skor bits
1/2 cup coconut flakes


Directions
 
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 2  9-inch square baking pans. Line with parchment paper or grease.

Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.

Beat butter until light and fluffy. Add brown sugar and continue beating until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in vanilla.

Gradually add flour mixture, mixing until almost blended. Divide into two equal sections. Transfer dough to prepared pans and spread evenly.

Sprinkle top with chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, Skor bits, and coconut.

Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until edges are golden and topping is bubbly and lightly browned. Cool completely in pan before cutting into squares.



        Jesse and I are looking forward to the get together in a couple of weeks. It will be nice to catch up with everyone and to see you guys. I was hoping we could come early to visit before everyone else comes and festivities start so look out! I'll let you know first ;)

Love, 


 











 

No comments:

Post a Comment