Friday, July 25, 2014

Chicken with Ginger

Dear Jess,

What a week! Alice got her first cold, and Jason caught it from her. I'm the only one that seems to have escaped unscathed... so far. I have finally caught up in cleaning and laundry.

The weather here has been amazing. It has kept us cheery throughout the sicknesses. My garden is flourishing (both vegetable and flower!) and we are all looking forward to the weekend.

This recipe... all I can say is make it! Unless you don't like ginger... then you will hate it. This is going in my regular recipe book, where I plan to revisit it many times over.

Chicken with Ginger
adapted from www.marthastewart.com



1 large piece of ginger (about 4 inches long), peeled and grated (or finely chopped)
4 tbsp olive oil
2 large onions, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 large zucchini, chopped
6 large kale leaves, chopped (take stems off if desired)
1/2 cup soy sauce (low sodium, if you can)
4 tbsp white wine vinegar
4 tbsp pure maple syrup (or honey)
1 cooked chicken, stripped and chopped (or about 2 pounds cooked chicken breast)
1 cup scallions, finely chopped

1. In a large skillet on medium heat, sautee ginger, olive oil, onions and garlic for about 10 minutes, or until super tender. Add zucchini and kale and cook for another 5 minutes, or until they have reached desired texture.

2. In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, vinegar and maple syrup. Pour over vegetables in skillet. Cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken and scallions. Cook for 2-5 minutes, stirring often.

3. Serve with rice, noodles or more veggies! (I served mine with brown rice cooked with chicken broth)



I think I might throw in a few cashews next time! mmmmmmm

I hope you're still enjoying your summer!

Overflowing Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment