Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins

Dear Jess,

People tell me the weather is getting cooler... my body isn't listening. I'm still wearing tank tops, as my belly acts like my own internal furnace. That being said... I am loving this time of year. The colours, the breeze, the frost and the food! (I am making a pot of Chicken Corn Chowder for dinner tonight!)

Whimsical is how I would describe this season. It is also how I would describe these muffins. I found them while looking for a 'different' muffin recipe. I make a lot of muffins, as Jason takes them in his lunch, and they're an easy little snack for me to throw in my purse as a 'just in case'. I was getting bored of my usual banana, or oatmeal chocolate chip, and wanted something a little more special. Apparently raspberries are the answer.



Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
adapted from www.sallysbakingaddiction.com
3 cups whole wheat flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 large eggs
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup milk
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup chocolate chips
1 1/4 cup frozen raspberries

Preheat oven to 425F.

In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.

In a medium bowl mix eggs and sugars. Add milk, oil and vanilla. Add to flour mixture.

Add chocolate chips and raspberries. Evenly distribute in lined muffin tins.

Bake for 5 minutes. Without taking muffins out, change temperature to 375F and continue baking for 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
 

This is great, as I usually get frozen fruit on sale. You could also use fresh, but I find that it adds too much moisture. People say the frozen ones will dye your batter... I don't mind it when this happens... and I haven't found that it makes a big difference in this recipe.

I hope all is well as you gear up for Christmas! Our church started Operation Christmas Child already, which always makes the holiday season a little more real to me.

Love,






No comments:

Post a Comment