Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

Dear Jess,

We need to Skype soon! I want to hear everything about your honeymoon(s), and how co-habitation is going! Again... I am so excited for you!

I am almost as excited about these granola bars... but obviously not quite that excited. I have tried a couple different recipes over the years, and some have been rather tasty, but usually they are either too dry, too moist, or not yummy enough to bother making them again. This one, however, has won me over! If you are part of a 'peanut-free' school these will not due. I'm sure you could substitute the peanut butter for whatever you're allowed to use instead. Is it true that someone came up with an entirely nut free peanut butter twin but it tasted and looked so much like peanut butter that some schools banned it too in case it was mixed up?! Anyways... the point is: these are delicious.

I found it somewhere on the internet, but for the life of me I cannot find it again... good thing I printed it out!


Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup liquid honey
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup craisins
1/2 cup wheat germ
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 cup dark chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 13x9 inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, peanut butter, honey, melted butter and vanilla and blend well.
3. Stir in remaining ingredients and mix well.
4. Press mixture evenly into prepared pan.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown.
6. Cool pan completely on wire rack (or in fridge)
7. Cut bars into desired size and shape.


Oh man. So tasty. Especially as an 'energy-boost' snack. I will be making these again for sure!


Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment