Sunday, March 20, 2011

Breakfast in Bed


Dear Sally,

It was so wonderful to see you this weekend. As Jesse and I were pulling out of the driveway last night he said to me, "I wish Sally and Jason didn't live so far away." I agree with him but I have to say that I am so glad that no matter where we are living our relationship doesn't change.

As you know I made breakfast in bed for Jesse on Saturday morning. Funny enough, I got the recipe from Cosmo Magazine and although I didn't take any pictures from when I made it I have included the one from the Cosmo website. I made Jesse warm bread pudding, cut up fruit and mimosas. The cinnamon and sugar used in the bread pudding were soaked up in homemade bread that I had made two nights before. It smelled so delicious when it was baking it made me think of the Cinnabon at Eglinton subway station.

I love you so much and I am so excited to see where the future leads you!
Jess


Cinnamon-Swirl Breakfast Bread Pudding
Cosmopolitan Magazine
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 loaf day-old bread, torn into small pieces

In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Add the brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and whisk until all the ingredients are completely incorporated. Stir the bread into the egg mixture. Grease a 8x8 inch baking pan. Pour in the bread pudding and cover with foil. Let sit in the refrigerator at least one hour and up to overnight. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake the bread pudding, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an additional 10 minutes until the pudding is browned. Serve hot with maple syrup.

Morning Mimosas
champagne
orange juice (no pulp)

Fill a champagne flute half full with orange juice. Top with champagne and enjoy!





1 comment: