Friday, February 8, 2013

Broccoli Mountain High

-->

Dear Sally,

Snow snow SNOW! Jesse wold me a wonderful tale of how he had to take a million turns to get home because the plow hadn’t done both sides of the road. He is doing our driveway AGAIN as I write.

While I had the day off I decided to put some broccoli to good use. Jesse is picky about his vegetables but I won with this recipe. He loved it and kept asking for more.

Broccoli Mountain High
Adapted from Crazy Plates

Ingredients:
1/3 cup plain yogurt
2 Tbsp. Miracle Whip
2 Tbsp. white vinegar
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 cloves garlic
½ pound white button mushrooms
½ chopped celery
6 cups broccoli florets (cut into small bite-size pieces)
1 large red apple chopped into small bite-sized chunks
1/3 cup raisins
8 slices bacon diced

Directions:
1.     Cook the bacon on medium heat until cooked and let cool. Chop the broccoli, celery, mushrooms, bacon and apple into small pieces. Add the raisins and the rest of the ingredients into a bowl and stir.


Booo for the snow. It felt really strange being inside all day and I really felt bummed that I couldn't leave when I wanted. I will be up to see you as soon as the roads are clear. Peterborough here I come!

Love you!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment