Monday, September 17, 2012

Light Chicken Salad

Dear Jess,

What an awesome last minute visit on Saturday! I'm sorry I was not up to say goodbye on Sunday morning... I hope you slept well and made it to church on time!

This recipe got us through a quite a few lunches this summer. It was popular especially at the cottage. I'm not a huge fan of 'mayo-based salads' but this one is surprisingly light and allows you to taste the other ingredients besides the mayo. This has been added to 'the binder' and will be used many more times I'm sure.

I doubled the original recipe. It easily feeds 10-12 people for a lunch.

Chicken Salad
adapted from this recipe
2 Rotisserie Chickens, stripped and finely chopped
2 stalks of celery, chopped
6 scallions, finely chopped
3 tbsp (heaping) fresh tarragon
2 cups mayo (I use the 50% less fat olive oil mayo)
2 tsp Dijon mustard
4 tsp Lemon juice
4 tsp salt
Black pepper to taste

1. Combine chicken, celery, scallions and tarragon in a large bowl.
2. Mix mayo, Dijon, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a smaller bowl. Add to your chicken mixture. Stir well.
3. If desired you can serve immediately, or let sit in the fridge for a couple hours to let the flavours combine.
4. Serve on bread, or wraps with desired toppings!


Enjoy!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment