Thursday, August 30, 2012

Kale 'Chips'

Hello again!

I just wanted to share this little tid-bit of a recipe with you. It's nothing fancy, but they surprised me.

For a couple weeks now I have been hearing whispers about these 'Kale Chips'. That's right. Chips apparently made from kale. And I don't mean processed Kale. I mean Kale chopped and baked from your garden...

I had to try.

Kale Chips
Click here for recipe source

Kale
Olive oil
Salt

Preheat your oven to 325F.

With scissors, cut the sides (the leafy part) of the Kale from the stem. You don't want any of the center stem included. Cut the leafy parts into bite-sized pieces (or a little bigger because they shrink in the oven) and put them in a bowl. Toss with a tiny drizzle of Olive Oil (about 1 TSP), Salt and whatever other seasonings you want (I did Paprika.)

Lay on a non-insulated baking sheet lined with parchment paper.

Bake in oven for 5-10 minutes until crisp but not burnt! (I burned my first batch because I was not watching close enough... luckily I still have a tone of Kale in the back yard!)


Remove them from the oven and let cool slightly. Transfer to a bowl and eat them! Eat them all! They are so addictive!

That being said... I will not pretend to think they are a good substitute for chips. Jesse won't be impressed if you give him these instead of some Ruffles... however for the ladies, it is a nice little 'munchy' snack.

Have a good long weekend!

Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment