Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cookie Ice Cream Pie

Dear Sally,

Your last blog looked AMAZING! I can't wait till BBQ season when I can cook up some delicious salmon. Unfortunately I know it will not be as good as your dad's famous salmon.

As usual this post is delicious but REALLY bad for you. I feel like I corrupting our followers with these enticing recipes. It is ironic really that I keep making things I can't eat nor would eat if I had the chance. Oh well :)

I'm excited for the party on Friday. I had to change my costume because I haven't had time to shop for anything but I think it will still work out :)

How is your yoga challenge coming? I wish I could be there with you! I'm glad that Rachel is doing it too, not that you would need the extra motivation or anything.


 Lots of love,
Jess

This recipe is a creation of my own and is a mish mash of things I had in the house and ideas that came to me. Don't worry, it has been tested on two very healthy men and they both enjoyed the dessert and survived its consumption. Enjoy!

Cookies Ice Cream Pie
Double chocolate ice cream (approx 2 cups)
Peanut butter (1/2 cup)
Cool whip (2 cups)
White chocolate (shavings)
1 cup (approx) white chocolate macadamia nut cookie dough (or any kind you like)

1. Cover the bottom of a round cake pan with the cookie dough. Cook in a 350 oven for about 8 minutes or until golden. Cool.

2. While the cookie is baking whip the ice cream, peanut butter and 1 cup cool whip. Spoon this mixture over the cooled cookie base. Top with remaining cool whip and white chocolate shavings. Return to the freezer for min 4 hours.


3. Bring out of the freezer just before serving to warm up. Cut and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment