Sunday, February 6, 2011

Dualey Burgers!



Dear Sally,

I am so glad that you were able to stay for the weekend and hang out. Next time we will hopefully have more time to enjoy the city and hopefully not have to wade through cold slushy waters. I assume you are having fun playing with your new computer :) Skype date some time in the near future (within the next 20 years) sounds good!

As promised the Dualey Burger Post has arrived! I think my favorite part was the signs that Jesse made but the burgers were good too. I just used the burger recipe from Jamie's America and then we added awesome toppings. I think the plan is to make these again in the future with different crazy toppings. Jesse's was called the Burnin Love Dualey Burger and mine was the Original Dualey Burger. I also made cornbread for the occasion with a recipe that I found on Allrecipes.com. I modified it a little of course but I think it turned out alright. I would have to ask the boys how it tasted because I can't eat them but what else is new?

I'll see you next Saturday!

Love,
Jess



Dualey Burgers
From Jamie's America
olive oil
2 medium red onions, peeled and finely chopped (I used white)
4 slices bread, crusts removed (I used 1/2 cup bread crumbs)
1 1/4 lbs. g00d-quality lean ground beef
1 tsp kosher salt
ground black pepper
1 large egg
handful of fresh parsley

1. Put a splash of olive oil in the frying pan on low heat and add your chopped onions. Fry for 10 minutes or until the onions have softened, then put to one side and let cool completely. Blitz your bread in a food processor until you get a fine consistency. Oil and clean a sheet pan and set aside. Put the cooled onions into a large bowl with the rest of the burger ingredients. Use clean hands to scrunch the mixture together really well, then divide into 6 equal balls for burgers and 18 equal balls for sliders. Wet your hands and roll the balls into burger-shaped patties about 3/4 inch thick. Put your burgers or sliders on the oiled sheet pan and pat with a little olive oil. Cover them with plastic wrap and put the pan into the refrigerator for at least an hour, or until the patties firm up.

2. If using a fry pan or grill pan, put it on high heat now and let it get really hot. However you decide to cook your burgers , they'll want around 3-4 minutes per side.
I used Cajun seasoning on the burgers when I was cooking them.


Toppings:

Burnin Love Burger

spicy mayo (1/4 cup mayo and a few dashes of hot sauce)
deep fried hot peppers (trade secret)
lettuce
salsa

Original Dualey Burger

lettuce
pickles
ketchup
mustard


Jalapeno Cornbread
1 1/2 cups cornmeal
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
6 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup olive oil
3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped

1. In a bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk and oil. Add to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Stir in Jalapenos. Pour into a greased 9-inch square baking pan.

2. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares or wedges. Serve warm.

1 comment:

  1. Make sure you tell Jesse that I LOVE the signs! That is too cute!

    LOVE

    ReplyDelete