Saturday, October 2, 2010

So Much Food!



Dear Sally,

I think Friday night was one of many theme parties to come. I love the idea of combining food and costume and great company. What is it about food that seems to bring people together (besides the natural need for sustenance)? The 1920s party was just the start of an epic journey through the history, food, and
fashion. I look forward to sharing many more nights like this one with friends!

Love,
Jess

The pictures were taken just before all the food was demolished. Sally and I were so hungry we were worried there would
be no food left for everyone else once we got it all togeth
er but thankfully there was lots!

There were yummy chocolate treats such as homemade
truffles and turtles.


I served avocado salsa with chips, homemade tortillas with
dip (no I did not make the dip) and yummy veggie pitas with a lemon-pepper bite!
I learned this recipe from my mother's friend Margie so I am guessing a little but this is what I do.

Veggie Pita Triangles

4- 6 inch multigrain pitas
4 oz cream cheese softened
1 tbsp. Italian salad dressing or 2 tsp dry seasoning
tomato and cucumber slices
lemon pepper

1. Combine cream cheese and salad dressing and let stand for a few hours.
2. Slice cucumber and tomatoes into thin slices and set aside.
3. Spread 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture over a pita. Place the tomato or cucumber slices on top and sprinkle with lemon pepper. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
4. Cut each pita into triangles and serve!










No comments:

Post a Comment